Friday, March 25, 2005
Well, another week, shot to hell lol ! I ended up spending all afternoon at that stupid meeting, learning how to work our computer-ordering system. Which I learned 10 years ago!!!! Thanks, Walgreens, I really needed to waste my one day off learning something I already know! That, and the usually pep talk ( "you are important, we can't do it without you, you're a valuble asset, Yada,Yada,Yada"-- Show me the money Fools! ) I did get to meet our district manager finally, and he seems like a nice guy. ( he took over in August last year, and between the hurricanes, and my disability leave, I never met him) He seems to actually remember what it's like to work at store level. That's unusual in an upper management type. We'll see if what he says holds water though. I got a round of applause when he asked who had the most time in with the company, since I officially logged my 23rd year this week.
Not a lot else is going on in my world ( nice change of pace - eh?!) I work today and Sunday, so this will be a "short" weekend for me. Oh, Yea! It's Friday.................... ;-)
Living In 2005 :
You know you're living in 2005 when...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You go home after long days at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. You make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.
10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.
11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
13. Every commercial on television has a website at the bottom of the screen.
14. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
15. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.(ME!)
16. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
17. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
18. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
19. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
20. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
> AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself!
Have a great day everyone, I'll "see"you all this evening!!!
Invisioned on |8:06 AM|
* * *