<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm BAAAACCCKKKKK!!!
And the gods only knows what happened to all my audio posts! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to fill you all in over the next few days. I swear I need a vacation from my vacation!
We had a great time though ( well, except for the ride back from D.C., but I digress......)
We got to Williamsburg on Sunday, only to find out that the hotel I had booked online was not what it was supposed to be. I had booked a Suite, and got a very small, normal room instead. Thankfully, he let me out of my "reservation" and we only stayed 1 night there. We actually managed to get a very nice room at a place called the "Woodlands", which is right on Williamsburg property. It is next to the visitor's center, and we had full access to the buses that ran around the sites for no charge! And free passes to all the events therein. Talk about lucky! I had tried to book this in advance, but could not get it for the price ( which was actually cheaper than what I HAD booked! Go figure?!) I guess because it was a "last-minute thing" we got a sweet deal. I didn't look a "gift horse" in the mouth though!
We spent the first 2 days just going around Old town- seeing all the sights and spending waaayyy too much time in the "pubs". We got to see the fireworks from the garden out back of our favorite pub, while munching on cheese and drinking good ale ( the kids had draft Root Beer- too cool!)

The family outside the Governer's Palace gardens

The garden at the pub

Becky and I at the pub
On Wedsnesday, we went to Busch Gardens. OH MY- those rollercoasters were outrageous! I drove everyone crazy riding them! I just love a good coaster!

A view from the skytram

Anywho, Thursday we went to D.C. Saw 3 of the Smithsonian buildings, the Capital and the White House. Those pics I'll post another time. The only bad part of the whole vacation was the drive back from D.C. Apparently, there was a major accident on I-95, which blocked the south-bound lanes. So we had to take U.S. 1 back( along with 1/2 of the cars in Virginia!) . Long story short, what should have taken 2 hours took 9! We got back to the hotel at 3am!!!! Needless to say, that ruined the next day for all of us, since we were too exhausted to do much of anything ( except shop, of course!) .
We drove home yesterday, and since we needed a day's rest, we did the whole drive home in one shot- 8 am to 10 pm. Which is why I'm still tired. And I still haven't checked to see how much we spent. I really don't care. It was definately worth it. But I missed you all! I'll share some more pictures as the week progresses, just so you all can see what we did. But it is nice to be home.
So I'm off to catch up will all of you. And maybe watch some of Live 8. I DVR'ed it while we were gone. Did they show our guy's?? I hope so, but even if they didn't, I'm glad they perfomed there.
I'll try and find a funny to post later ( or tomorrow) since you didn't get one last Friday.
Peace and Love, KC ( once again in FLA!!!) :-)

P.S.- ( Thanks Steph- I didn't think!) I'm not in the "zone" for Dennis. It's hitting the panhandle of Fla, whereas I live about 1/2 way down on the east coast. (see Picture below!) But thanks for caring!!!!


Just for "future" reference, though I hope you all won't need it! ( except to visit, of course!!)

Invisioned on |2:54 PM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie