<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday!!!!!

And another week, shot to hell.
Well, that's how I feel. I know, at least I don't have to work right now. But I'd give my eye teeth to be able to do something ( besides sit here typing) Well, actually, I did get a few things done yesterday. While talking to Tig on the phone, I dusted and cleaned up my bedroom ( NO- I didn't do anything strenuous, just sorted out clutter and such) And filed away a bunch of paperwork that had been sitting on the computer desk forever. I also called my disability, and found out they have cleared me to be off until Sept. 28! WOW! I figured 2 weeks tops. But the nurse I talked to ( who approves this stuff) said they wanted to give me enough time to be TOTALLY healed, before returning to work. She said I'd been through enough already, and I deserved to heal fully at this point. Which in this day where insurance companies are hell-bent on cutting corners, is pretty impressive.

Speaking of my company- I've seen Walgreens getting "a few" lobbed at them by my fellow bloggers about the holiday stuff out so early. Which I can totally understand. Believe me when I tell you all that we employees hate putting that stuff out early, just as much as you all hate seeing it! But the truth of the matter is- there is no store that I've ever been in ( and I've been in MANY after 23 years lol!) that has a big enough stockroom to hold all the Halloween/Christmas stuff as it rolls in. Hell, we have to get at least one trailer ( sometimes 2!) for storage behind the store. 100 boxes of Christmas wrap, and all the artificial trees we get in fill a whole truck trailer! And that does not count all the other B.S. for the holidays! Since all the candy HAS to be kept inside ( for obvious reasons- this is Fla, after all!) and we get over 100 cases of that between the two holidays, something has to give. But even we know it sucks! So there!

Since it's Friday, I'll leave you all with a couple of funnies. The first one's from Janine:



The Rooster Race
A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for
his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says,
"OK old fart, time for you to retire."
The old rooster replies, "Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL
of these chickens. Look what it has done to me. Can't you just let me have
the two old hens over in the corner?"

The young rooster says, "Beat it: You are washed up and I am
taking over"

The old rooster says, "I tell you what, young stud. I will race
you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the
entire chicken coop."


The young rooster laughs. "You know you don't stand a chance old
man. So, just to be fair I will give you a head start."
The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the
young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the
farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He is already about
5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast.


The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front
porch when he sees the roosters running by. He grabs his shotgun and -
BOOM - He blows the young rooster to bits.
The farmer sadly shakes his head and says, "Dammit... third gay
rooster I bought this month."

Moral of this story.... Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age and
treachery will always overcome youth and skill!


And the second from a co-worker........................



Subject: Newspaper Ads

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER. 8 years old. Hateful little dog. Bites

FREE PUPPIES: 1/2 Cocker Spaniel, 1/2 sneaky- neighbor's dog.

FREE PUPPIES... Part German Shepherd, part stupid dog

FREE GERMAN SHEPHERD 85 lbs. Neutered. Speaks German

FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG. Looks like a rat ... been
out a while..better be a reward.

COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.. Also 1 gay bull for sale

NORDIC TRACK $300 Hardly used, call Chubby

GEORGIA PEACHES, California grown - 89 cents lb.

JOINING NUDIST COLONY! Must sell washer and dryer- $300

WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE. WORN ONCE BY MISTAKE. Call Stephanie.

(AND THE BEST ONE)

FOR SALE BY OWNER: Complete set of Encyclopedia
Britannica. 45 volumes. Excellent condition. $1,000 or best
offer. No longer needed, got married last month.
Wife knows everything.

Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend! Peace and Love,KC

Invisioned on |7:26 AM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie