<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Happy Friday!!

And I have the weekend off!! I thought, with Devon leaving so suddenly, I'd be stuck working. But we have some techs from other stores helping to fill in, along with a guy that normally works the Photo Dept. He says he'd rather work back with us, so we've been training him all week to help out. He seems to be catching on quickly, so that helps!

I got home late last nite ( around 10pm) and as I drove home, got treated to an amazing "light show". Mother nature in all her glory. I tried to get a picture of some of the lightening, but my darn camera phone doesn't do it justice. At one strike, the sky looked like a giant photo "negative" of a spider's web. Truly awesome! Sorry, but I just love a good lightening storm. I could sit and watch for hours.........

Today we plan on going to what I call the "expensive" store- BJ's. It's sort of like Sam's club. I call it expensive because we tend to spend too much money when we go there lol! But in the end I come out ahead, as I get a lot of stuff for very reasonable prices. It's just the "bulk-buying" aspect that makes it seem like I'm spending so much. But Kim and Andy need to bring stuff to school that will be cheaper to get there. Like tissues and paper plates. I know, not exactly "school suppies" as such. But it's on their lists. The retiree's down here will not vote in taxes or monies for schools, so such supplies have to be brought in by the students. And anyway, when you have a family the size of ours, buying 8 boxes of Kleenex, or a 36 count pack of T.P. is not a bad thing! The prices actually make it worth while in the end. I can buy a box of Tide there, that will last me 3 months, for the price of the box at the regular grocery store- that lasts just one month! Just call me the "Bulk Bargain Queen!"

Another thing I just might do this weekend is work in the back yard. Some of our beds have gone to the weeds- and I hate seeing that. But because of all the crap I've been through this past year, I just haven't had the energy ( or time!) to get out there and dig. So if the weather co-operates, I'm going into gardener-mode. But I'll remember this time, not to overdo. I did that last fall, and paid the price- NOT going there again!

So hopefully I'll have a productive weekend. I'd like to get some stuff done around here, before I'm stuck looking at it for 3-4 weeks, and not be able to. That just frustrates the heck out of me. I've been told ( by Dr. B ) that I won't even be able to drive for 2 weeks after surgery!! EEKKK! No freedom! I'll have to rely on Mom or Jon to drive me around. I hate that- I've been brought up to be independant, so that is like jail for me. Oh well, if it get's me back to "normal" ( as if I've ever been normal- hehehehe!) then it's all worth it.

Well, I guess it's time for your Friday Funny. Brought to us this week by my roomie Janine. ( HI Sweetie!!!)
....................................................

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
(Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
(O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
(Creepy.)
(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour
(Don't try this at home,maybe at work)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.
(30 minutes..lucky pig! Can you imagine?)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm......)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(okay, so that would be a good thing)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(What about that pig??)

Have a great Friday! Peace and Love, KC

Invisioned on |8:52 AM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie