Friday, October 21, 2005
Hubby is convinced...
That "Wilma" will miss us entirely. Here's his theory: Since it's taking so long to clear the Yucatan, the cold front( which is due here over the weekend, and is what is supposed to "push" Wilma to the east) will cause the storm to move even further south than what they are saying. He said " A hurricane CAN'T bust through a cold front!" Instead of "meeting" the storm in the gulf, and thereby pushing it towards us, the front will ( in affect) "hold" Wilma to the south, and keep it in the northern Caribbean. I hope he's right, but I would think that NOAA would have said something about this by now. After all, THEY ARE the experts. But he's convinced, and has been shaking his head at me while I prep for the possible storm. He thinks I'm making a fuss over nothing, and all we'll get is some rain. Well, after last year, I'm not taking any chances! And apparently I'm not alone. The girls and I went to Publix yesterday, and the shelves are already being picked clean of water, batteries, ice, etc. Besides- everything we bought is non-perishable so there's no waste involved. And the bottles I filled can just be "dumped" out if they're not needed- so no worries there. Plus, all those frozen water bottles in the freezer will actually cause it not to work so hard to keep cold- so it's all good!
We are going to clear some stuff out of the garage today. Since I would like to be able to put my car in there again. I really hate leaving it out on the driveway, but with all the junk, I haven't been able to. The kids have a game table in there, and a bunch of their larger "toys". So I have to clear out some old stuff, that is mostly my Dad's. I haven't been "able" to do this, since it gives me a case of the "guilties". But it's been over 20 years since he's passed, and it's just time to let go. Mom will probably have a fit, but she's not taking it off my hands ( and hasn't even asked about it!) so I have to deal with it myself. It will probably hurt a little though.
I have updated my sidebar. I've added the link to my Live Journal. I'll be using it to review CD's, DVD's and books that I've seen/heard/read. That way I won't bore you all with them- unless, of course, you want, then just click the link. I've only got one up so far, but I'll let you know as I add to it.
Well, on to more uplifting stuff! It is that time of the week, where our thoughts go to fun and frolick. So without further ado, I give you your Friday Funnies! From Janine, once again ( I'll call you this Sunday sweetie!)
1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.
2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you,but don't start anything."
3. Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one was a salted.
4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
5. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A beer please, and one for the road."
6. Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"
7. "Doc, I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home." "That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome." "Is it common?" Well, "It's Not Unusual."
8. Two cows are standing next to each other in a field.. Daisy says toDolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning." "I don't believe you,"says Dolly. "It's true, no bull!" exclaims Daisy.
9. An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.
10. Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
11. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.
12. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted,"Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"
13. I went to a seafood disco last week...and pulled a mussel.
14. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.
15. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says "Dam!"
16. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
17. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why," they asked, as they moved off. "Because", he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."
18. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds,"They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."
19. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him ..
(Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good)...........
A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
20. And finally, there was the person who sent twenty different puns to his friends, with the hope that at least ten of the puns would make them laugh.
No pun in ten did.
Have a good day all! Peace and Love, KC
P.S.- I'll have some more "Dark-Hunter" pictures tomorrow. The site's been down all day, and I don't have them all stored on my computer. But I will by tomorrow ;-)
Invisioned on |7:51 AM|
* * *