Thursday, November 03, 2005
Last day of "vacation"
Sort of. I go today to Dr. B- and hopefully he will release me to go back to work next week. I'll be glad to get back to normal, even if it means going back to the "retail grind" right as Christmas season kicks in. I am SO OVER being on disability. I want my life back, DAMN IT!
A couple of things today. First, something to start the weekend off right:
Acheron Parthenopaeus, Master of the Dark Hunters. (AKA- Travis Fimmel, model, actor, and all around hunk). A little young, but hey, I'm not dead yet! Brad, eat your heart out!
My "River BIL" is having yet ANOTHER party tomorrow. Jeez, did someone drop a pin? He just loves to entertain, and no one seems to complain about it. So I'm sure I'll have more silly pictures to share this weekend. And the car's fixed, the flowers planted, the house clean. So I'm planning on spending this weekend just relaxing, and spending time with my loved ones. Which means I will be back here! In the mean time, my usual Friday offerings.
Oh, and don't forget- I've changed the lyrics and video. No one's guessed it yet, so the points are still up for grabs!( **EDIT** DeflepKim managed to guess it while I was typing this- SORRY!) I think I've got a good "prize" for the winner at the end of the year ( and no, it's not me showing up at your door- though I'd love to see you all!) So without any further ado.... YOUR FUNNIES!!!!!!!---------->
Do you know that many non-living things have a gender?
1) Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in and you can see right through them.
2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. They're an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) A Tire is Male, because it goes bald and it's often over-inflated.
4) A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.
5) Sponges are Female, because they're soft, squeezable and retain water.
6) A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.
7) A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
8) An Hourglass is Female, because over time the weight shifts to the bottom.
9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it's handy to have around.
10) A Remote Control is Female.
Ha! You thought it'd be male, didn't you? But consider this - it gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying.
( with thanks, once again to my "roomie" Janine!)
And my Cousin Patti contributes once again!
( sorry to my Republican friends- but this IS funny!)
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the
Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What
are all those clocks?"
St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a
Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock will move."
"Oh," said the man, "whose clock is that?"
"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands have never moved, indicating that
never told a lie."
"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?" St. Peter
responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice,
telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life."
"Where's President Bush's clock?" asked the man.
"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."
Have a great Friday! Peace and Love, KC
Invisioned on |8:58 PM|
* * *