<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Friday, January 27, 2006

A Brithday in Blogland!


Happy Birthday Lexy! Hope your day is a blast!

Well, I'm very proud of myself. As you all know, I've been having a problem with this computer, that just didn't seem to want to go away. I've tried downloading software ( directx) and chatted with numerous tech advisors both on Microsoft and HP websites. All I got was: "you have to do a full system recovery" or- "You need a new video card" and all that crap. Well, I was determined not to have to go to all that- And I found the cure! Apparently, when I loaded the SP2 patch for my XP software program, it fouled up my video card. Buried deep within the HP website, I saw this little "patch" that no one seemed to know about. Seems that my specific video card doesn't like that SP2 patch, and needed tweaking. So I downloaded the thing, and lo and behold: It WORKED! You would think that Microsoft or HP would have warned people about that BEFORE you downloaded the darn SP2 patch. Or the "geek squad" would have seen that when they had this darn thing in for service- BUT NO! Their solution was just to turn off my darn video card. Which meant anything requiring DirectX didn't work. Now, thankfully, it does. And it also solved all the problems with my type-stuttering, and the wonky way my pages scrolled. Score one for the Tech-challenged! Perhaps I should let those "tech- support" people know about that- Huh?

Well, I work in about an hour. Thankfully, the days are getting better, though we're still not back to normal. But it will come with time. Patience is the key I guess ( and being a DL fan- we all know about patience ;-) ) So I'll leave you all with my usual, and wish you a good weekend. I hope to be back here later this evening or tomorrow. I'[m planning a very laid back weekend here, since I'm basically broke until payday next week!
This one is complements of my friend Kat:
......................................................
The Pentagon announced today the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces. These Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennesse and Texas boys have been given only the following facts about terrorists:

1. The season opened today.
2. There is no limit.
3. They taste just like chicken.
4. They don't like beer, pickups, country music or Jesus.
5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

We expect the problem with terrorists in Iraq to be over by Monday.
( me here- Don't we wish!)

Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!
Love and Peace, KC

Invisioned on |9:43 AM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie