Friday, February 17, 2006
The week is over! ( at least for me!) I've had a lousy week, and I'm glad all I have to look forward to is housework for the next few days. Which is pretty scary since I hate housework. But it beats the heck out of what I've been dealing with at work.
I am working on that e-mail to the DM. I've decided someone has to make an effort, and if not me, WHO? No one else knows the big guy like I do ( he was the pharmacy manager at the first store I worked at. Heck, we used to go to his house every New years eve for his "blow-out party"! ) So once I've composed it to my satisfaction, I'm sending it off. Things just can't remain as they are. They just can't.
One good thing that's happened is that while I got ready to do my bills this morning, I noticed that our Tax refund was here! WOO HOO! I love Turbo Tax! Now I can start planning something to do with the kids for spring break. Jon and I have both taken that week off, and I thought that it would be a good time for us to do a "family" thing together. Maybe a trip to St. Augustine, although the kids have been wanting to go back to Disney, or Universal Studios. But those would seriously cost, and I'm still trying to pay off the last of my medical bills. But I sure DON'T want to spend the week loafing around the house. So I'll figure something out! I haven't even thought about a summer vacation yet ( can't make plans until I hear about a certain tour that will be happening ;-) ) But a nice little trip somewhere is gonna happen. I don't care if we end up just getting in the car and driving! The one problem with going anywhere in Fl. During spring break is so many college students come down here for their breaks . And I don't want the kids exposed to that kind of craziness if I can help it. I know, I've been here, done that! I even got conned into the wet t-shirt ;-)
So that's my weekend in a nutshell. And since I've worked until 8pm every night this week, my house needs some TLC today. So I'd better get off this thing and start cleaning. I'll leave you with our traditional Friday Funny- which comes to you via my "roomie" Janine-
As You Slide Down The Banister Of Life, Remember.........
1. Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert have written an impressive new book.
It's called "Ministers Do MoreThan Lay People."
2. Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary.
3. The difference between the Pope and your boss...the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring ...
4. My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it is gone.
5. The only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.
6. I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once. The seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice, well, it really chilled the mood.
7. It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
8. A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
9. My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.
10. A blonde said, "I was worried that my mechanic might try to rip me off. I was relieved when he told me all I needed was turn signal fluid."
11. I'm so depressed. My doctor refused to write me a prescription for Viagra. He said it would be like putting a new flagpole on a condemned building.
12. My neighbor was bit by a stray rabid dog. I went to see how he was and found him writing frantically on a piece of paper. I told him rabies could be treated, and he didn't have to worry about a Will. He said, "Will? What Will? I'm making a list of the people I want to bite."
13 Definition of a teenager? God's punishment for enjoying sex.
14. As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!
( can I get an AMEN!?)
Have a great day- I'll catch you all soon!
Peace and Love, KC!
**BTW- It's 70 degrees outside? I told y'all the weather down here was crazy.
There's a saying here- "don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it'll change!" lol!***
Invisioned on |9:00 AM|
* * *