<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Jeez! This is awful!

And to think I was there-what? 2 weeks ago?
Woman dies after riding Mission to Mars
While I feel for her family, and those who care for her, I can't help but wonder how this happened. I mean, I was there- I saw/heard/read ALL the warnings they gave each of us before we were put in/on the ride. Young people's heights were checked not once but 3 times, warnings about "if you have high blood pressure, are scared of small spaces, back/neck/head problems,etc! ( If you've ever been to an amusement park, you've heard the speil!) And not just once- they must have warned us all 4 or 5 times, and we were given plenty of opportunities right down to the last second to decide against riding.( And exiting with NO FUSS at all! Believe me, 'cause Becky did JUST THAT!)I've been on a lot of rides, all over the place. And I can honestly state ( for the record, for what it's worth!) that I have NEVER been so "warned" before a ride in my life! I even mentioned it to Jon at one point after we got off. That all those warnings probably cause 1/2 the people to get off, before they even get on the darn thing! Too bad that one lady didn't heed them.

And please don't take all this the wrong way. What ever the cause, I DO feel sorry for her, her family and all her loved ones. To have a day that's supposed to be "magic" turn into one of unspeakable sadness is just horrible. I hope they find peace with what's happened. But it makes you stop and think - hopefully the next time you go to get on that next "thrill" ride; "should I REALLY get on this thing?"
...............................................

Well, aside from that piece of news, there's really nothing new in my world. Except I get to work Easter Sunday. Which is really not a biggie for me. Aside from our annual Egg hunt and baskets, we don't really "Do" Easter. And that can be done before I leave for work. The only problem I see is that I get to work all day with "D". Which is just bad enough! But I'll deal, like I do everyday. At least it will be slow, since most people will assume we're not open! Even though we have NEVER closed on a holiday!( except Christmas- and even that's just the non-24-hour pharmacies!)

Mom goes to the Dr. next Tuesday, and I'll be with her. Hopefully, we can get the ball rolling with her. I'm hoping that she'll be able to go to my Oncologist. He's a good guy, and I know he'll get her taken care of quickly and efficiently. And I see him the next day, for my regular bi-monthly check-up. Which had better go smoothly! I'm not in the mood for any more bad news. Nope, no way! After all, We don't need two of us dancing with "that Beast" now- do we?
Nope, NO FLIPPIN" WAY!

Hope you all are having a good week. I'll be back tomorrow with the usual Friday fare. ( although my "supply" is running a little low, so if you have any to share..... ;-) )

Peace and Love, KC

Invisioned on |2:10 PM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie