<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A story for you all

Flashback-1980

I was taking a year off from college. It seemed that all my well-layed plans were going to hell in "that-darned-basket"!!!!! The field of study I had gone into at school proved not to be for me. The guy whose hands I had laid my heart in had proven to be a selfish bastard ( you know the type- you can get a degree, but your gonna be bare-foot and pregnant after that, so why work?- Sorry, M**Fu**'N ASS!) So I spent this year living with the parents, and working as a waiter/bartender at a local restaurant. I was trying to get a grip on my life. Stop the cyclone that had hit onto my well-laid plans, and find my "course" again. One of my co-workers had been up in my face about a friend of his. Seems he thought that he'd be "perfect for me". HARRUMPH! I'd had it with men at this point in my life. I just wanted to get "me" sorted out- didn't need some testosterone messing with my life!

Flash to a Sunday afternoon ( this was back when the restaurant was closed on Sundays). "Bob" had said- "Let's make a day of fun". So over to his appt. I went- and who was there? This guy he'd been telling me about. After talking to Bob ( re: chewing him a new one!) we all went out to bowl, eat, and party. By the end of the night I was intrigued. This guy was soft-spoken, nice, polite, and actually had no problems with the fact that he was "blue-collar" and I was to be a college graduate. He was from a big family, I was an only child. We had a lot against us from the get-go. But some things are meant to be:


On the day of my graduation. No one was prouder of me than Jon. He's like that. He once joked and said he'd like me to keep him in the "style he'd like to become accustomed to" But always with a smile. He didn't mean it- we're a team, he and I. Strong, Quiet, but funny in a sarcastic way. He's my true rock. I've not always been a good wife, but he's always been a good husband. Never wavering, he's been my best friend and my staunchest ally in everything life has thrown at me ( and that's been considerable the last few years!!) I don't think I could have survived the last few years without him. If you think I'm strong- you all should know him!

We've had some good times. And some bad. We've argued, loved and are currently raising 3 wonderful children. ( My mother hasn't always liked him- said he wasn't worthy- but what mother thinks any guy IS??) She's coming over tomorrow evening to stay with the kids. Because Jon and I are spending the day together. We're going over to Orlando- Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios to be exact! We've been married 22 years tomorrow, and we're going on a DATE! We'll ride some rides, and I'm hoping to get us into Emeril's at City-walk. ( Jon's favorite chef!) Since we didn't get our "weekend away", I thought this would be a good alternative.

Since I will be out "partying with the man" tomorrow, I'm posting this tonight. I WILL be taking a camera, and there WILL be pictures here Saturday ( or Sunday- if I'm really wiped out! ;-) )

So here's one to give you a giggle:

Vodka and it's many uses
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka.
The solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a
trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five
minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7 Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freeze bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain and black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly picked lavender
flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the
urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

And silly me. I've only been drinking the stuff!!!
...............................

Have a great Friday Y'all! I'll be back with pictures to share this weekend!

Peace, and LOTS of Love to you all!
KC!

P.S.- Oh YEAH! Happy anniversary to a certain lead singer and his new wifey! Y'all picked a really GOOD day! You can trust me on that one ;-)
KC in FLA!

Invisioned on |8:06 PM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie