<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7494876\x26blogName\x3dSunshine,+most+times!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://kcfla.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8752339219094253714', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

.::Sunshine, Most Times::.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Sorry about being AWOL, but

( Caution- there is some non-PG stuff in here!)

I've been in a major "funk" all week. Why? Well, as some of you might know, I spend a bit of time on Melodic Rock and it's forums. With the Journey news that broke this past week, I've been ensconced there like Zombie. WHY? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

Now, understand that Journey has/had always been a favorite of mine. Saw them a few times in the '80's, back when the wonderful Steve Perry was front and center stage. Was actually 2nd row between Neil and Steve on the "Raised on Radio" tour. Loved their live shows- worth every penny paid!

When Steve P. left- I really tried to give Steve Augeri a chance. Truly I did. But he just wasn't "It" for me. So I lived with my memories, and days gone by.

Flash forward to last summer. I had tickets to see the DL/Journey tour. I figured what the heck- I was really going to see DL anyway. And perhaps this Steve A. guy had gotten better with time. Then on MR I see where Steve A. was having problems. Couldn't sing anymore- and they were bringing in a guy I'd heard about but never seen- one Jeff Scott Soto. I figured whatever- BOY! Did he bowl me over. It was only his 4th night with them- and he had the whole crowd up and running. Was he Steve P? No, of course not- but he had an energy, and a vibe that was something I had not seen from this band in- shit, 20 years?????????? Then I saw him again in Orlando in November. HOLY HECK! He had gotten so good that even my hubby ( he who is not a music-phile in the least!) glued to him and the band for the entire set! Jon was impressed as all heck- and believe me when I tell you that's NOT easy! And I was thrilled for Jeff when he was announced as the new lead singer, couldn't happen to a nicer guy......

Which of course, leads us to this past week's announcement. Talk about "Gob-smacked"! Jeff, poor soul- is devastated. And I can't blame him. He was given a chance to live his dream, only to have the rug pulled out from under him. I know he'll survive this- he's just THAT good. But now, I have a problem. I can't listen to Journey's music anymore. If it's on the radio- I have to flip the channel. Because no matter what song comes on- all I want to do is either cry- or smash my fist through it. So that's where I'm at right now. And I have one other thing to say, this time to the "remaining" members of Journey:

Hope your happy with yourselves. Because the DL tour is going to go down in history as the LAST tour that you get any kind of praise. Everyone knows about you now. Your just a bunch of backstabbing, egotistical FUCKING-Idiots. You must have known the crap was going to fly- since you took down your forums ( which remain down-btw) a few scant hours before the announcement. Way to look like a bunch of professionals guys. You'll get no more money from me. And as a friend of mine has said on occasion- I wouldn't piss on you guys if you were on fire!

The Journey continue? Nope- toss it in boys- you've done more than "fracture the stone"- you've pulverized it!

See what you could have had:





Now you've got squat!

Done, finished, finito, BUH-Bye!

*RANT OFF*

I'll be back when I'm over this. In a day or two. I'm going back to MR- to Jeff's forum. And let him know that not everyone is an idiot.

Peace and Love, KC!

Invisioned on |9:21 AM|

* * *

.::About me::.


Wife, Mother, Breast Cancer Survivor!
Die-Hard Def Leppard Fan!!!!!
Life is short-- Live, Love, and Laugh!
more about me

Click here to fund mammograms!



.::My Friends::.

My Perfect Inperfections
Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives
Kim's Blog about Nothing
Loves + Autumn
Rabid Rabbits and Psycho Squirrels
The Tatooed Texan
Steph's Bitching Blog
Mystkate's Blog
Skylark's Meditations
Slang With Me
Monique's Letterbox
Rants and Raves
Patty's Slice of Life
Showers & Sunflowers
Sandyland
Orion's McBlog
iluvtheleps!

.::Places I Travel::.

Def Leppard
OUDLF
Melodicrock
Joe Elliott Collection
Satellite of Love
Darren's UK Def Leppard Site
Senff.com
Dark-hunter.com
J.R.Ward- Black Dagger Brotherhood
BDB Forums- Hang with a Brother!
Smart Bitches who love Trashy Books!
Dear Author


.::My Other Sides!!!::.


By TwitterButtons.com

.::Play Along with ME!!!::.


graphic by Kim!

Graphic by Kate!





View My Stats
adopt your own virtual pet!

The WeatherPixie